Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Goodbye City of my Heart

We are going today to an airport hotel and fly out in the morning. Our future is bright, exciting, a new beginning. So why is my heart so very heavy? Why am I almost driven to tears when I sit outside and gaze at our building? Manhattan has been in my blood from birth. It will be so very hard to leave here even if it is to go to "paradise" with the one I love. I guess this sentiment is difficult for anyone who has not lived here for a while to understand.

We will come back to visit OFTEN. But the weather is so very difficult for those of us with decreased sense of balance and an innate intolerance of cold weather. Snow can be a real killer.

Well, goodbye for now New York City. I guess some people "leave their heart in San Francisco" but I will leave my soul in NYC. We will return!

No comments: